Before proceeding to Nuvei plugin installation, you need to have PrestaShop installed.
The Nuvei plugin should be also installed and configured.
If you do not have test credentials to test the payment flow, please contact our Tech Support team.
The Nuvei PrestaShop plugin is tested on the following versions:
|Oldest Supported Version||Last Tested Version|
Follow the instructions in the GitHub page to install the plugin:
Before setting up the Nuvei PrestaShop plugin, you should contact Tech Support to provide account credentials.
The plugin can be found in Modules > Module Manager menu at the bottom of the page – Other.
To configure the plugin:
|Default title||no||The title for the Store|
|Test mode||yes||Enable the payment test mode. Any payments on the test mode are not really processed. Please, do not use real credit card details.|
|Merchant ID||yes||This is the merchant ID provided by Tech-Support. If you don’t have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|Merchant Site ID||yes||This is the Merchant Site ID provided by Tech-Support. If you don’t have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|Merchant Secret key||yes||This is the secret key provided by Tech-Support. If you don’t have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|Hash type||yes||The hash type provided by Tech-Support. If you don’t have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|Payment action||yes||The transaction type preferred from the merchant and approved by Tech Support. If you don’t have it, please contact Tech Support.|
|Save logs||no||Create daily logs with sent and received data and settings. The logs are very helpful for debugging and resolving problems with the plugin.|
- Select a product from your shop and go to the Payment Page.
- Follow the steps of checkout.
- In the Payment Method step (its number can be different), select Nuvei and then press Continue.
Upon successful payment, the user is redirected to a successful order page.
The order payment details are found in the Sell > Orders > Orders menu.
Click on any order. Nuvei orders are marked in the Payment column.
For each order processed with Nuvei, there are order trace notes to help track the payment process.
After successful payment, the transaction is processed and the order status is updated in the background.
Order Details and the logs (if they are enabled) are the two places where the merchant can see what happens with an order.
If the merchant flow is “Auth & Settle” (Transaction type option), all new orders have a status of “Pending payment”.
Under Items, you see the Settle button to settle an order.
If the merchant flow is “Sell” or the order was Settled, two buttons are available: Partial Refund and Void. With them you can request a refund or void your transaction once the order is completed.
When you click on either of these buttons, you must confirm your action. After the action is completed, a note with the information is created.
The Nuvei plugin for PrestaShop supports Rebilling via a credit card.
- Go to the Modules menu and find the Nuvei Payments plugin.
- Click the Configure button.
- Scroll to the end of the page and click the Download Payment Plans button.
If you do not have any Plans, a default one is created. If the operation is successful, a green checkmark is shown. Under the button, you have the the date of last download.
We use these plans later to populate Subscription details, which you can then update.
- Go to Catalog > Attributes & Features and click the Add new attribute button on the top.
- For the new Attribute, set the English Name to “Nuvei Payment Plan”. For the Public name you can use a different name. In the Attribute type dropdown, select “dropdown list” and click Save.
- Add new parameters for the Attribute by clicking on its name in the attributes list. If the parameters list is empty, click the Add new value button on the top.
- Be sure that the Attribute group is “Nuvei Payment Plan”.
- Set the Value, which is just the name of the plan. The details of the plan are set later individually for each product.
- Click Save.
You can add as many plans names as you want.
- Go into Catalog > Products and either create new one or edit an existing one.
- On the right under Combinations on the Basic settings tab, select “Product with combinations”.
- On the Combinations tab, on the right is the list with all attributes in Prestashop.
- Find “Nuvei Payment Plan” attribute and select all plan names you want to use for this product.
- After you selected the attributes, click the Generate button and the Combinations are generated and ready for edit.
- For each new product, at the end of the row, there are two icons – edit and delete. You must edit each product and set the Subscription plan details.
Changing the Plan ID prefills other parameters, but the merchant can change them.
There is no Initial Amount filed, it is 0 by default. The Product price can be used as Initial amount. At the end save the changes.
If the merchant changes Basic Settings > Combinations to Simple product, all generated products are deleted.
An example product with Subscription in the Store:
When the client changes the Nuvei Payment Plan, the Nuvei Plan details are filled with product Subscription details.
However, you can have more than one of the same product with a Plan in the Cart. In this case, the number of Subscriptions is equal to the Product quantity.
The Subscriptions start after a successful Sale or Settle transaction and a DMN is received.
The Subscriptions, if any, are cancelled after a successful Void and a DMN is received.
The merchant can recognize the orders with the Rebilling in the Orders list by the “Nuvei Subscription” indication next to their status:
|Oldest Supported Version||Last Tested Version|
Oldest Supported Version
Last Tested Version
|1||Default title||no||The title for the Store|
|2||Merchant ID||yes||This is the merchant ID provided by Tech-Support. If you do not have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|3||Merchant Site ID||yes||This is the Merchant Site ID provided by Tech-Support. If you do not have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|4||Merchant Secret key||yes||This is the secret key provided by Tech-Support. If you do not have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|5||Hash type||yes||The hash type provided by Tech-Support. If you do not have it, please contact Tech-Support|
|6||Payment action||yes||The transaction type preferred from the merchant and approved by Tech Support. If you do not have it, please contact Tech Support.|
|7||Test mode||no||Enable the payment test mode. Any payments on the test mode are not really processed. Please, do not use real credit card details.|
|8||Force HTTP notify URLs||no||If your site is on https server, but you cannot receive the DMS, force Notify URL to be http.|
|9||Save logs||no||Create daily logs with sent and received data and settings. The logs are very helpful for debugging and resolving problems with the plugin.|
|10||Remove oldest logs||Remove oldest logs, last 30 are kept.|