The Nuvei plugin for Magento 2 supports Rebilling via a credit card.
The merchant can use two approaches to apply rebilling plan on its products.
If you use this approach, the merchant must log in to the Control Panel and create a plan for each product with rebilling.
- Go to Operations > Recurring > Plans menu.
- Click New Plan and enter the plan details and click Save.
- To access the plans in the plugin, go to the end of Nuvei plugin settings and click Collect Plans to download the plans information.
If some of the plans were removed from the Control Panel, they are removed from plugin collection too.
For this approach, the merchant does not need to do anything in the Control Panel.
- Instead, the merchant only needs to open their product details, go to the end, and expand Nuvei Subscription group:
- If the merchant does not yet have active plans, a default one is generated.
The name pattern is: Default_plan_for_site_merchantSiteId.
If there are other plans, they are listed in the select menu. You can select any of the plans and its data is populated in the below settings, which can then be modified.
Do not forget to set Enable Subscription option to Yes!
The settings here are almost same as in the Control Panel. Here the Initial amount is missing because the Product price is used.
- After you set all data, save the product and it includes a Nuvei Subscription Plan.
If you want a single product with a plan, you can follow the approach above but if you want a product with different plans there are a few options.
- Using simple products is good if you have only a few options for the plans and don’t mind seeing those options as different products in the store.
- Each product may have different price, name, SKU, and subscription details.
The client can select them using the Add to Cart button.
- For a better user experience, add a description of the Plan in the Content area.
- The Plan details in the store:
To have configurable products by Subscription Plans, you must create a product attribute:
- There are two options:
- On the Stores > Attributes > Products page, click the Add New Attribute button.
- You can also create it from the Products page by clicking the Create Configurations button in the Configuration group.
In the Create Product Configurations pop-up, click the Create New Attribute button.
- In both cases you can choose “Dropdown” – for select menu in the Store or Text Swatch – for a menu with buttons.
- You can add some options from Manage Options, then in Advanced Attribute Properties group, set Scope to “Global”.
You can now continue with the configurable product.
- Select the desired attribute and follow the steps.
- Select attribute values.
- At the end of the process, you see a few new products:
- Save the main product so the selected attributes can be added to the child products.
- Go back to the Products list and search for the new product.
You see the main and the child products:
- Open the new products one by one and set the desired Nuvei Subscription settings according to the new added attribute (Nuvei Subscription Options in this case).
- Now you can go to the Store and search for your new product:
- When you try to add the product to the Cart or click on it, you are sent to the Product page to select a Nuvei Subscription Option:
- In our case, Plan 1 has no Subscription Plan.
If you choose Plan 2, a small table with Subscription details is displayed:
- After selecting the options, you can add the product to the Cart.
- If the client has an account in the store, they can get a list of the orders with subscriptions from the My Account > Nuvei Subscriptions menu.